2014 was an exciting year for us. We ran our 4th annual London event on The SouthBank at the end of June. In addition, we established new events in different cities around the UK and Ireland, including Bristol, Dublin and Swansea. This marked the beginning of Soapbox Science expansion, providing opportunities for women all over the UK to get on their soapbox and tell the world about their work. It also widened our audience, which until 2013 had been restricted to London.
- My Tweets
- Let your dreams lead the way: Meet Wasundara Fernando 679 views
- How Science is the best travel buddy!: Meet Priyanka Dey 557 views
- Don’t get stuck in the mud: Meet Saoirse Tracy 246 views
- Why I love being a lecturer – by a lecturer in the first year of the job 237 views
- Take time to find your passion: Meet Daisy Taylor 179 views
TagsAcademic culture Aerospace Art Astrophysics Back to academia Behavioural ecology Career path Chemistry Conservation Cultural change Determination Ecology Engineering Family Genetics Geology Imaging Industry IT Lecturer Local organiser marine Maths Medicine Meteorology Neurosciences PhD Physics Post-Doc Professor Psychology Public engagement Reader Role models Science communication Sexism Soil ecology STEM ambassador Stereotype two-bodies problem Unconscious bias under-representation virus Working environment Zoology