2014 was an exciting year for us. We ran our 4th annual London event on The SouthBank at the end of June. In addition, we established new events in different cities around the UK and Ireland, including Bristol, Dublin and Swansea. This marked the beginning of Soapbox Science expansion, providing opportunities for women all over the UK to get on their soapbox and tell the world about their work. It also widened our audience, which until 2013 had been restricted to London.
- My Tweets
- Soapbox Science comes to Brighton Seafront for 2017 421 views
- What does a Soapbox Science event look like? 250 views
- Bringing SoapBox Science to sunny Palermo 205 views
- Getting a research career established with small babies 156 views
- Following your dreams: it’s never too late to become a scientist! 78 views
TagsAcademic culture Art Astrophysics Back to academia Behavioural ecology Biology Career path Chemistry Conservation Cultural change Ecology Engineering Family Genetics Geology Imaging Immunology Industry IT Lecturer Local organiser Maths Medicine Meteorology Neurosciences Pharmacy PhD Physics Post-Doc Professor Psychology Public engagement Reader Role models Science communication Science communication training Sexism Soil ecology STEM ambassador Stereotype two-bodies problem Unconscious bias Volunteer Working environment Zoology